Lion Tile Adhesive :
“Lion Tile Adhesive” is a cementitious ready-mix powder which is thin-bed and a highly tensile polymer modified product. Its unique properties make it ideal for fixing ceramic / vitrified tiles / mosaic tiles / natural stones like granite, marble etc., to most building substrates.
- Preparation is simple, just add water.
- Although cement based, requires no curing.
- It can be used in damp areas.
- Excellent tensile adhesion strength.
- Grouting is possible on the same day.
- Polymer modified formulation enhances its durability.
- Being ready to use, the product saves considerable time and labour.
Area of Use :
- To fix wall and floor tiles, natural stones like granite, marble etc.
- Cementitious screeds.
- Cement Mortar beds.
- Bathrooms and kitchens.
- Fixing the facades.
- Swimming pools.
Surface Preparation :
The surface should be clean, dry and free from dust, grease / oil and other contaminates.
Concrete Floor and Walls :
Allow at least 4 weeks for concrete to cure prior to tiling. Screeds must be 5-7 days old and properly cured. The surface should be properly leveled for the best result of “Lion Tile Adhesive”. Remove curing compounds, if any, from the surface.
Existing TIles :
Existing tiles must be roughened mechanically with wire brush.
Painted Surfaces :
Oil-based paint should be removed by roughening mechanically and loose flaking paint should be removed completely. Allow the surface to dry after cleaning.
Fiber Cement Sheets :
Fiber cement sheet must be primed with water and all joints must be taped with PVC duct tape and fixed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Preparation of “Lion Tile Adhesive”
- Take a small amount of water in a bucket and gradually add “Lion Tile Adhesive” in it. Mix the product with water in the ratio of approximately 1:4.
- Mixing can be done manually or by stirrer.
- Mixing to be done till homogenous mix is obtained.
- After proper mixing, leave the paste for 5-10 minutes for polymeric dispersion before application.
- The paste should be kept away from direct sunlight, heat and used within 2 hours of preparation (After mixing with water)
Do’s about “Lion Tile Adhesive”
- Before fixing the tiles, natural stones, plywoods etc., clean the backsides of these with wet cloth to remove all dust particles.
- Apply a layer of adhesive on the substrate and spread it by notch trowel.
- Lay the tiles / stones and press firmly. Then knock properly with a rubber hammer in order to spread the adhesive equally and for a good contact.
- Remove any surplus adhesive on the face of the tiles.
- Any adjustment should be done within 30 minutes and before the adhesive starts hardening.
- Wait for at least 12 hours before grouting for better result.
Don’ts about “Lion Tile Adhesive”
Avoid very high speed mixing when electric mixing equipments are used.
70-80 sq.ft. per 25 Kg. with notch trowel for a bed of 3-4 mm. (Please note that coverage will depend upon the undulation of the base substrate and thickness of material used.)
Useful Tips :
- “Lion Tile Adhesive” should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- It is recommended that when fixing ceramic tiles, a minimum spacing of 3mm should be left around each tile.
- Excess adhesive should be removed using a damp sponge or cloth before the material has set.
- Floors are ready to receive light foot traffic after 24 hours and can be put into full use after 48-72 hours.
- Although “Lion Tile Adhesive” in non-hazardous, following precautions should be adhered.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Avoid inhalation of dust.
- In case of Contact with eyes, rinse eyes with plenty of water and consult a doctor immediately.
“Lion Tile Adhesive” is available in 5 Kg, 10 Kg and 24 Kg bags.