Special Properties of “Lion Jointing Mortar”
- Our quick setting proprietary mortar essentially “Lion” the blocks together, and the next course is ready to lay within a very short time.
- Higher bonding strength increases durability and eliminates future maintenance.
- Non-Metallic, doesn’t rust out, will not discolor walls.
- Ready mixed mineral based products designed for new construction as well as for renovation purpose.
- Being premixed, it saves considerable time, labor and increases dimensional stability of the blocks.
- It doesn’t cause damage to the ecosystem.
- Being premixed and less porous, it inhibits efflorescence.
Areas of use : Laying bricks and blocks :
- Our quick setting proprietary mortar essentially.
- To join fly ash bricks, cement block, hollow blocks, aerated block etc.
- Jointing of pre-stressed concrete slabs, panels.
- Joining of cement window and door frames barbecues and fireplaces.
- Garden and boundary walls.
- Screed and compost bins, sand pits.
- Bench stands, bicycle stands.
- Ornamental Pools.
- Repairing of masonry walls.
Surface Preparation :
- When laying new bricks of block walls first construct a sound footing below the first line.
- All substrates should be cleaned and free from dust, oil, grease, curing agents, paints, which may affect adhesion.
- Wet the substrates before the application, without leaving excess water.
- When repairing mortar joints, remove all loose foreign materials.
- Application of “Lion Jointing Mortar”
- The wall you are going to work on and mark openings like doors, windows, and any architectural. appurtenances, you are included in your design.
- Put a thin layer of Jointing Mortar in the thickness of 3-5 mm on the clean and leveled surface using a proper trowel on which the block work is to be carried out. Place the block on the laid jointing mortar in proper line and level.
- After placing the first block apply the jointing mortar of the same thickness, i.e. 3-5 mm for both horizontal and vertical joint of the block.
- Space “mortar boards” about every six feet along the wall, or on each side if the project is small.
- Brush the face of the brick with a foxtail brush to wipe away excess mortar and finish smoothing to join.
- Continue laying the brick with 3-5 mm thickness of jointing mortar until you are levelled with the leads you lay up.
After approximately 10-15 minutes, the mortar should have achieved a semi-dry consistent. Don’t brush this residual mortar into any unfilled joints.
- It should be kept in dry and cool place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid inhalation of dust.
- Use proper tools while cutting bricks.
- Tools should be thoroughly cleaned with water to remove excess materials immediately after use.
“Lion Jointing Mortar” is available in 40 kg